What is Transitive?
Transitive is an open-source framework for full-stack robotics. It is designed to make it easy to create capabilities that seamlessly connect robot, cloud, and web front-ends including a dynamically updating shared data model. It offers solutions to many problems developers encounter when building full-stack robotic applications, including unreliable networks, robots that are regularly offline or turned off, as well as cross-device version dependencies.
- Data synchronization between robot, cloud, and UI ("MQTTSync")
- Transparent and efficient data-sharing without the need for APIs
- Reactively re-render UI elements when data on a robot changes
- Full-stack package management
- Notion of packages ("capabilities") that provides encapsulation and allows sharing with third-parties
- Deployment mechanism incl. over-the-air auto-updates
- Handles cross-device version dependencies
- Sandboxing of capabilities, both on robot and in the cloud
- UI component abstraction
- Using Web Components
- Easy to embed in other web applications
- Easy to embed in React, Angular, etc.
- Authentication and authorization
- For robots in the fleet
- For web application users
- For third-party apps